Thursday, October 9, 2008

WAHM is a Juggling Act

Someone said to me the other day "PS How on earth do you juggle/find the energy for the business and a newborn and an older one?! Makes us one trick ponies feel quite inferior! "

I never thought about it from that perspective before. I just function. I have to really else we wouldnt have enough income to survive. Some days are auto pilot!

It does help now that my older son (4 years) goes to Preschool for 3 days a week. That is when i get most work done, do website work and accounts, and arrange appointments for visitors that come to my shop.

My baby is still a baby, so he sits with me here in the office and I chat to him about work. I'm teaching the 6 month old HTML coding and SEO haha...

By
setting up a home business, our original goal was for me to stay home with the children and generate a little extra "pocket money" - that was 4 years ago now. But now that the home business has grown and become successful, it takes more time away from my children. Kind of ironic really.

Its a juggling act, thats for sure.

(and I am sharing a couple of photos of my boys - note their
Ugly Monsters in the background that I made the other day )

You are welcome to check out our home business via our web store: http://www.breastmates.co.nz