Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Crafts

Angus and I put up the Christmas tree, and boy it does look grand. He just loved decorating it and arranging the ornaments. And I am proud to say that it doesnt bother me how it looks, this year is the first year that I have "let go" of having the perfectly arranged Christmas tree. Why did I use to be so anal about things like that?

Angus knows that we have to put on the Christmas lights, as that is how Santa will find our house. Its his job to turn them on in the evening. He likes looking for all the Santa ornaments.

Lochie, not yet crawling, can wriggle on his tummy to under the tree. He likes the mirror ball things.

While decorating the tree, I was reminded of how much spare time I used to have. I have so many decorations that I had hand made, a few years ago BC (before Children). They are all hand stitched. I've got angels, beaded ribboned christmas mini-trees, santa hats with glitter, stockings, felted balls, felted snowmen. Heaps of stuff. These are all hand stitched.

I must have had so much spare time?!

This photo is a selection - all the other ones are hidden on the tree somewhere as decorated by Angus.

Today I think they are a bit tacky, but I'm still pleased with my handmade efforts from BC.