Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Breastmilk Ice Cream

I read an article in the latest Oh Baby Magazine that Lucretia sent me. (Thanks hon).

Extract from Oh Baby Issue 4 , page 10.

"Would you eat ice cream made from
human breastmilk? People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) want peole to do just that, sending a letter to the founders of US Ice Cream giants Ben & Jerry's urging them to swtich from cows' milk to breastmilk in their products.

The fact that human adults consume huge quantities of dairy products made from milk that was meant for a baby cow just doesnt make sense, says PET Executive Vice President.

Apparently PETA got the idea from a Swiss restaurant owner who will begin
purchasing breast milk from nursing mothers and substituing breast milk for 75% of the cows milk in food he serves.....

extract.

Now I wonder how much breastmilk would cost per litre.

I wonder if goodie goodie gumdrops would taste the same. Maybe this is something I could take up with Tip Top!!

oooh, another idea. Maybe my baby would like breastmilk iceblocks or breastmilk icecream during this hot summer weather rather than me warming a bottle of expressed milk for him......! might try that!

100% breastmilk icecream made by me!!