Thursday, September 18, 2008

A copy cat is a compliment

So had a bit of strange week this week, after being alerted about the actions of another online business. I feel somewhat dismayed that she has been copying my ideas for product selection. It really did feel like a "slap in the face" when I saw her choice of products. I have met this person in real life, and seen her around on interent forums. I'm not sure if it is morally wrong that she has copied these things, after she has "known" me. But to me, it just doesn't feel right. It's not something I would have done myself. She should have found her own products and niche grouping and stuck to that. And found different suppliers to me.

We had contact, she apologised and was embarrassed.

But in hindsight, it is quite a compliment that she chose to copy me. It means that she likes what she sees me doing. I don't see her, or her business as a threat. But it gives me more incentive to do everything better than ever.

I have such a huge customer database, and loyal following. So I just want to take a minute and really do want to thank all you lovely ladies for your support and encouragement in regards to Breastmates.

Some days I wonder if I am doing the right thing, I wonder if my customers are happy, and I wonder what the future will hold.

It really makes my day when I get an order from someone who says “my friend at coffee group told me about you”, or if someone sends me a link to a forum or blog that has been talking about my service. That is the highest compliment I could ever receive.