Thursday, February 26, 2009

Changes to Breast Size During Pregnancy

I received this question from a website visitor earlier this week, and thought I would blog about it as there might be other people with the same question.

"I am only 8 weeks and gone from a D cup to an E overnight. I m not sure what size I am going to end up and I wondered if you could provide some advice....or let me know from your experience what is a common experiences. ...."

So I replied along the lines of:

Most women generally go up at the start of their pregnancy, like you have done. They notice their breasts increase at aroudn 3-4 months. This increase is usually about a cup size and they remain this size for the majority of their pregnancy.

They might also increase at the end around 36 weeks, which is the time that we measure for a nursing bra. (or you can use our online measuring guide bra size calculator)

But remember that you do need to feel comfortable now, and throughout the rest of your pregnancy, so I would suggest that you do get some bras. The maternity bras do have stretch in the cups, so they do allow for breast size fluctuations , and breast changes during pregnancy.

There is some more information on these pages:
http://www.breastmates.co.nz/hotmilk_bra_sizing_guide.html
http://www.breastmates.co.nz/adv_bra_fitting.html

We stock the complete range of HOTmilk lingerie