Friday, February 6, 2009

Adiri Bottles

Questions about Adiri Bottles:

1. Will the Adiri warming caps be available soon? Answer: Yes they will be coming to New Zealand sometime in 2009, just depends when the NZ distributor gets their supply of Adiri Warming Caps. Contact us here at Breastmates and we can let you know when the stock is ready.


2. Once there is wear and tear on the nipple of the Adiri bottle, is it possile to change just the nipple or must the entire bottle be bought new? Anwer: No, it is not possible to just purchase the nipple part of the bottle. You would need to replace the entire thing.


3. Also, I was just wondering if you have used these Adiri bottles before? Is this something you would strongly recommend? As my little 4 month old son is adamant on not taking the bottle :) But I'd really like to have him on half breastfeeds and half bottle feeds. What I've read so far of the product is very promising :)

Answer:
Yes I have used the adiri bottles. I do like them. I also had trouble getting my youngest son to drink from a bottle, he never liked having any teats go into his mouth and wouldn’t even close his mouth to suck. I actually had better luck with him using a Chu Chu teat as baby has to push down and “latch” like they do with a bottle. So this Chu Chu teat actually worked a lot better for me, and the good thing with these is that 1 size will suit all babies.

The
Adiri bottles are nice because they are soft and squishy like a boob, so they have a similar feeling. My son now happily drinks from either an adiri bottle, or a narrow neck bottle with a Chu Chu teat.

You can read more information about the Adiri Bottle here: http://www.breastmates.co.nz/adiri_breast_bottle_nurser.html