Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Facebook Vs Breastfeeding

So you might have seen in the news recently all the hype about how Facebook banned someone's personal breastfeeding photos from their personal account. Apparently breastfeeding photos breach Facebook's policy. (! go figure!

Here is the group on Facebook

I joined this Breastfeeding Facebook Group, because I'd had a lot of difficulty organising my business adverts on facebook. I kept trying to load a paid advert using one of my breastfeeding photos (since mine is a breastfeeding business after all). But they kept declining my adverts and I couldnt work out why. I thought it was because of incorrect spelling, but alas it was because of the photo nursing baby.

You can see the
breastfeeding picture I was using here

Anyway, check out this abusive message that some idiot wrote to me. I was so shocked. I cant believe people really think like this.

Quote:

"YEAH PLEASE LEAVE FACEBOOK WITH ALL YOUR DISGUSTING BREAST. WE ARE MOSTLY COLLEGE STUDENTS AND WE ARE MORE INTERESTED IN ACADEMICS NOT SEEING YOUR HIDEOUS BREASTS. HAVE YOU NO SHAME? WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO MODESTY? PRIVACY, DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE KID THINKS OF YOU WOMEN EXPOSING THEM? I WOULD HATE IF MY MOTHER DID THAT TO ME. YEAH IT'S NATURAL, SO IS TAKING A CRAP OR DRAINING THE MAINDRAIN BUT YOU DON'T SEE PEOPLE POSTING THAT! AND BELIEVE ME SOME SICKOS WOULD LIKE TO SEE IT JUST AS THEY LIKE TO SEE THESE BABIES FEED ON BREASTS! YOU WOMEN SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES! HORRIBLE":

end quote

Wont let that message affect me.