Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A complaint about Manual Breast Pumps

This is the message that I recently received from someone. They hadn't purchased the breast pump from me, and it just goes to show the bad advise out there.

I very rarely sell a manual breast pump. If I do, its purely for the reason that the mum wants to use it infrequently, like once a fortnight or something.


Quote "My friend bought me the Manual Avent Breast Pump. My baby is 4 - 5 weeks old and as I was full, I expressed before going to bed. Unfortunately after 30 - 40 minutes I went to sleep only to wake the following morning with two sore wrists with inflamed tendons.I have not been to the doctor yet as I am hoping they will go down. Please could this be a warning for other newbees to manual breast pumps. RegardsAnna"

Yup you will certainly get a sore hand with the manual breast pump trigger.

Something to be aware of if you are wanting a manual pump, and if your hands and wrists could be prone to OSS.

Do contact me if there is anything I can help you with, or questions about expressing.

http://www.breastmates.co.nz/express.htm