Friday, October 17, 2008

Great Daddies

Last night my 4 year old son Angus was playing while I was preparing dinner. He got out his toy kitchen, a toy doll and buggy. He put on an apron and prepared some food for his baby doll, fed the baby, gave the baby a bottle (expressed breast milk or formula I'm not sure which he was using).

He said to me "see I'm a good Daddy"

I love the fact that he is comfortable to play like this. He has learnt this from his own father - who is such a great Dad and will come home from work and fix food for all our hungry mouths.
I like that this is out of the norm for his gender specific play!
I dont see why this sort of play is marketed towards girls. Do you know how hard it was to find a toy kitchen that was not pink or purple. Not to mention finding a toy baby doll that didnt have pink permentantely attached. The only buggy I could find is pink, so we have had to embrace that.