Monday, November 2, 2009

Haba


I was at the Parent and Child show over the weekend.  I wasn’t focused on selling product this year, I just wanted to take the time to talk to customers and introduce me and my brand. The good thing about writing this blog is that I can type it – I have absolutely no voice left!!!
I felt so proud having a stand and have really come full circle over the past 5 years, here is how:
  • Year 1 – I visited the show with my friend Anna and we left our babies at home with their dads
  • Year 2 – I visited the show with friend Anna, and put pamphlets on windscreens in the carpark (naughty and very tacky!!)
  • Year 3- I had a small stand and tried to sell too many products.  My mum was a helper
  • Year 4 – I had a small stand and tried to sell PJs and Nighties.  It was a rushed and chaotic experience and I couldn’t give customers the time they needed.
  • Year 5 – Had a larger stand.  Did Christchurch and Auckland shows.  No products to sell just an online sale for 2 weeks after.  Friend Anna was a paid helper, (along with Kelly, Margo, and Jacquie).  Just have come full circle with Anna after we had visited the show together as spectators.
 It was also a great time to meet up with other business owners, it’s the closest thing that I have to a “work do”.
My neighbour at the stand was Lisa from www.bebabo.co.nz, it was a delight to meet her and share a few ideas.
She was kind enough to also give me a wooden Haba baby rattle, which I said I would put up on Facebook to do as a prize.  (so there you go, I’m sourcing new prizes for ya!!  More to come….)
Please do check out Lisa’s website and she has a store in Newmarket up near the warehouse.