Monday, December 15, 2008

Death Flowers

When my sister-in-law Allison passed away on 26th November, my husband and I got sent lots of flowers.

I took some photos of them, because they looked pretty but then they died quickly. And that kind of reminded me of death. ick.

I also had to borrow some vases from my neighbour Mrs Joy.

Whenever I order flowers to send to someone, I never know what $ value to order. I never really know how much money will buy a nice bunch, or if it will look to cheap. And I obviously never see the flowers, as I'm sending them to the person. So just incase the people that sent us these flowers are reading this blog - they will be able to see what their $ brought. THANKS!

So here are the flowers that we got sent. My parents-inlaws got about 15 bunches so you can imagine what their house looked like.


Above: From Hubby's work.

Above: From Hubby's ex-work collegue Alyane

Above: From my wonderful girlfriends Oct Mums

Above: From Uncle Bill & Jean
Above: From Kate and her family


Above: From Lisa & Mike.



Above: okay so this wasn't flowers but can you imagine my joy at having 2 big boxes filled with posh chocolate biscuits!!


We also got sent lots of cards. Some people have waited to send the card, just to let us know that they are still thinking about us, a few weeks after. Thats a nice way to do it, so that we didnt get bombarded in the first day or two. A few weeks after is nice.