Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Customer from Italy

You know the other day I wrote a blog post, about all the orders that I was getting from Canada, and that I should just hand deliver them.... http://breastmates-nz.blogspot.com/2008/12/hotmilk-lingerie-canada.html

Well today, one of my customers who lives in Italy, where I usually send her parcels to, she came HERE! It was cool to actually meet her in person, and her two spunky boys who are about the same age as my boys. Shame Angus was at preschool though, he would have liked to play with the older boy and could have told him all about Bob the Builder.

Meeting with this lady today, and chatting while she looked at some of the products that I have here at my Studio, it was like chatting with an old friend.

Coming from Italy, she would have to be my customer that has travelled the furtherest to see me!!

She told me that Italy has a great maternity leave scheme. 80% of your pay for about 4 months, then 30% pay for a year. They have to hold your job for 8 years. And when you are working, you get an hour off for breastfeeding. How'bout that!!!